Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hurray! They're not capitulating

Within hours after a plot to murder Kurt Westergaard was foiled, yesterday Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten republished the cartoonist's drawing of Mohammed which is depicting the Muslim prophet with a bomb under his turban.

And again I do regret that - not listening to Tetrapilotomos' advice - I did not found factories in which I could let produce flags on demand in all those countries in which pious philanthropists would encourage their (sic) people to give evidence of how peace-loving and tolerant their religion is.

Instead of presenting pictures showing burning flags and / or well educated humanitarians holding posters with slogans such as Death to / Kill /Massacre / Slaughter those who insult Islam" and or "Europe you will pay, your 9/11 will come", I do allow myself to recommend reading following essay by Henryk M. Broder which is an excerpt from his book
Hurra! We're capitulating.

Ah, well, and due to a recent occurrance here another piece by the same author: Shariah Is for Everyone!

5 comments:

  1. The Fatwah will be on you, sir, as it might be on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only cure for any person promoting Sharia, is to make their glorified dream a reality and that person ought to be shipped to Saudi Arabia.
    When confronted with realism, all theological grandeur will be erased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. James,
    I shall immediately hide myself in Seanhenge. :)

    Ardent,
    I suppose in many cases even this would not help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may well discover something, for in certain circumstances, time is not linear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon,
    although I do enjoy (trying) to solve enigmata: would you please give me a clue?

    ReplyDelete