Thursday, September 25, 2008

And who's the dummy in the White House?

Forget all denials from Pyongyang (and Seoul).

Kim Jong Il, the dear leader and beloved father of his (sic!) people is dead, has been replaced by dummies for the past five years. Well, according to a certain professor Toshimitsu Shigemura.

And who am I to doubt the word of a scientist?

Now I am looking forward to learn who's been the dummy in the White House for the past 2.323 days.

Surely you all remember George W. Bush's last words, spoken in Austin, Texas on Januar 4th, 2002:
I want to thank you for your taking time out of your day to come and witness my hanging.

8 comments:

  1. I think you're wrong about Kim. He dd not die. Everythone else was replaced by replicas. He hides the fact that his name is now Kim Jong Capgras...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course they say Brezhnev was dead long before they announced it.

    There is a historical case of a Sultan- one of the Seljuk sultans of Rum, I think, who was propped up as a corpse to make speeches for about forty days or so until the Seljuks had beaten an enemy.

    I can't remember the details, but I know the Seljuks won, so it paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jams,
    ... hm ...is it ... err ... really you who is speaking to me?

    ...

    ha ha ha

    Crushed,
    you do not wish me to lose my last significant hair, do you? Examples from the past do not help to solve the present conundrum: Who's the dummie in the White House?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, Bush was talking about the hanging of his portrait.

    I do not understand why a country's political leaders needs to fake a ruler's health.

    Ariel Sharon's death was a rumour for a long time. Yassar Arafat also refused to be certified dead. What were their families thinking? I am sure there must be an appropriate reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another one with me asking myself, how does this man's mind work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To say he is a dummy is insulting to dummies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ardent,
    that's what we were being told. For sure, it's a fake.
    :)
    There's (almost) always a reason; not always a reasonable one, though.

    jmb,
    sometimes when being serious, I do allow myself to be silly, and others to - putting it mildly - wonder about my state of mind.
    It's part of Omnium. :)

    James,
    good question. :)

    Colin,
    you are right. Thanks for reminding me, of what for a moment I seem to have forgetten, i.e. to choose words more carefully. :)

    ReplyDelete